Voice over LTE - approaches, implementation, and test solutions
The packet-switched architecture of LTE does not support circuit-switched voice calls as used in 2G/3G networks. Rollout of commercial LTE networks has been ongoing since the end of 2009 and a solution is needed to ensure fully interoperable and globally available voice services. Different approaches to support voice services in LTE have been discussed over the past years. This webinar provides insight into relevant solutions such as simultaneous voice/data with two radios (SV LTE), voice over LTE (VoLTE) using IMS and circuit-switched fallback (CSFB) to existing 2G/3G technologies. It will explain available test solutions for verifying terminal behavior in the lab as well as in the field.
Attendees will learn:
- Different approaches to realize voice in LTE
- NGMN recommended implementation of voice services in LTE
- Technical realization of the discussed solutions, e.g. CSFB to 2G/3G, voice over IMS including the specifics of single radio voice call continuity (SRVCC) and simultaneous voice – LTE (SV-LTE)
- How to test the correct stack implementation on the end user device supporting the different voice solutions
- Difference between test possibilities in the laboratory and in the field
Who should attend:
- Engineering and lab managers
- Research and principal engineers
- RF and transceiver design engineers
- Software and protocol development engineers
- Network and systems & test engineers
- Application and support engineers
- Marketing and sales engineers
Prerequisites: Attendees should have a basic understanding of the LTE technology
Meik Kottkamp, Technology Manager, Test & Measurement Division, Rohde & Schwarz
Meik Kottkamp is Technology Manager within the Test & Measurement Division of Rohde & Schwarz in Munich. He is responsible for strategic marketing and product portfolio development regarding LTE, LTE-Advanced, HSPA+ and EDGE Evolution. Meik joined Rohde & Schwarz in August 2007. From 1996-2007, he worked with Siemens Mobile Communication Networks and Terminals. As standardization manager he was leading a group responsible for the Siemens standardization strategy in 3GPP TSG RAN. Later he was involved in predevelopment projects on broadband technologies Flash OFDM, WiMAX and HSPA+. After creation of NSN in early 2007 he joined LTE product management group. Meik holds a degree of Electrical Engineering from the University of Hannover / Germany.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.