Protecting Against Electrical Transients in Outdoor Power Applications - LED Streetlights
Protecting sensitive power supplies, LED drivers, and outdoor LED luminaires is a challenging task. The typical power products used for these applications is not designed to handle the lightning surge transients for highly exposed installations like LED roadway lighting. We will explain the phenomenon of lightning surge and how is leaks into the power circuit and then show optimal protection schemes that will increase the long term reliability of outdoor installations.
Attendees Will Learn:
- What is lightning surge ; how is it modeled ; what are the relevant standards ; how do you protect against it
- Optimal protection solutions for surge protection of outdoor applications ; using LED streetlighting as an example.
- Protection module based solutions and the advantages of specific configurations
- How to maintain long term reliability of outdoor equipment, specifically LED lighting
- End-of-life maintenance solutions for external protection modules
Director of Technical Marketing, Electronics Business Unit
Bharat Shenoy joined Littelfuse in 2008 and is currently Director of Technical Marketing. His career in the Circuit Protection industry began in 2001. He has served in various applications engineering and sales management roles. Bharat has a B.S. in Naval Architecture from the United States Naval Academy and served seven years as a Naval Officer in the Nuclear Submarine fleet. Bharat is married with 2 sons and lives in San Jose, CA.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.