Performance Analysis of ARM CoreLink NIC-301 based Systems Using Synopsys Platform Architect
The massive growth in system integration places on-chip communication and interconnect at the center of system performance. Using spreadsheets to statically estimate bandwidth is not viable, as dynamic workloads make it impossible to predict performance across all configurations of the interconnect and memory subsystem. More and more, architects are using system-level design methods to predict system performance earlier in the design cycle, enabling new SoC designs to meet their performance objectives while avoiding the risk and cost of over-design.
Synopsys Platform Architect is a SystemC TLM standards-based graphical environment for capturing, configuring, simulating, and analyzing the system-level performance of next generation SoC architectures. Its efficient turnaround time, powerful analysis views, and available models make Platform Architect the premier choice for system-level performance analysis and optimization of ARM AMBA-based SoCs.
CoreLink™ NIC-301 Network Interconnect from ARM, the home of AMBA®, is a low risk solution for on-chip communication that provides balanced quality of service for both low latency and high bandwidth data streams. NIC-301 is highly configurable, allowing it to be optimized to suit the performance and power requirements of the processors, memory systems and peripherals it is linking together including ARM Cortex™, Mali™ and CoreLink IP.
Hosted jointly by ARM and Synopsys, this webinar walks through a case study demonstration of system-level performance analysis and optimization featuring Synopsys Platform Architect, the Synopsys SBL-301 SystemC Bus Library for the ARM CoreLink NIC-301 Network Interconnect, and ARM CoreLink ADR-301 AMBA Designer.
Estimated length: 1 hour including questions
Who should attend:
- System Designers
- Product Architects
- SoC Architects
- Project Managers
What Attendees will learn:
- Learn how to efficiently explore and optimize the dynamic system performance of next-generation AMBA-based SoC designs in SystemC using a Smartbook case study example
- During assembly, you’ll see how to configure the initial parameters of the SBL-301 interconnect model using the Platform Architect flow with AMBA Designer
- During simulation and analysis, you’ll see how to define traffic scenarios and model parameters to explore architectures in Platform Architect, sweep through multiple simulations, and graphically analyze the root cause of performance problems
- During exploration, you’ll see how information is easily shared with spreadsheet tools for sensitivity analysis and how the optimal balance of performance, cost, and power is achieved in Platform Architect
- Plus, you’ll learn about a new online demo experience where you can try it yourself!
Neil Parris, Interconnect Product Manager, ARM
Patrick Sheridan, Senior Staff Product Marketing Manager, Synopsys
Tim Kogel, Solution Architect, Synopsys
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.