Leveraging the Performance Advantages of FPGAs for DSP and Video Applications
FPGAs offer inherent performance advantages for signal processing applications due to their parallel nature and optimized embedded DSP blocks in the silicon. Enhanced development platforms offer productivity and flexibility advances enabling new and experienced users to leverage these FPGA DSP benefits. This webinar will explore how designers can use exclusive hardware and software technologies from Xilinx to accelerate high-performance DSP and Video applications using target design platforms. These platforms combine development boards, design tools, IP, reference designs and partnerships into complete DSP development solutions that let you focus on the competitive differentiation of your designs.
This webinar will go into technical depth on the innovative embedded DSP blocks that provide pre-adders, high-precision multiplication and accumulation that can be configured to perform over 40 common arithmetic operations. Demonstrating the FPGA industries largest portfolio of DSP, floating-point and Video IP as well as support for the new AMBA® AXI4 IP interface standards that make system integration easier than ever. Going from algorithms to implementations has never been easier using Xilinx IP compilers that automatically insert pipelining and parallelism and high-level design flows from either C/C++ or MATLAB/Simulink that deliver RTL quality of results in a fraction of the time.
What Attendees with Learn:
- How Xilinx Virtex®-6 and Spartan®-6 FPGAs deliver industry leading DSP performance
- How to use targeted design platforms to design optimally today and easily migrate your next generation applications to utilize the performance/power advantages of the 7-series FPGAs
- How the optimized DSP blocks can be used to implement over 40 highly efficient common arithmetic operations used for DSP, Video and Floating-Point
- Smart DSP IP compilers that automatically insert pipelining and parallelism based your design requirements
- How High-level design flows for MATLAB/Simulink and C/C++ now deliver RTL results in a fraction of the time
- How Partnerships extend the functionality of these platforms through industry standard interfaces such as FMC (FPGA Mezzanine Card) and the AMBA AXI4 interconnect
Who Should Attend:
- FPGA designers who want the latest information from Xilinx on DSP and Video design
- FPGA designers new to developing DSP applications on FPGAs
- ASIC designers migrating to FPGAs for DSP
- DSP software developers considering an FPGA co-processor or migrating to FPGAs for more performance
- Systems Engineers performing cost / power / performance tradeoffs
Tom Hill, Xilinx
Tom Hill has over fourteen years of experience in the EDA industry. Hill oversees all product, strategic and corporate marketing activities related to Xilinx’s DSP development tool System Generator for DSP. Hill was most recently at AccelChip, Inc where he was technical marketing manager responsible for product direction and application of high-level design methodologies and tools to DSP applications. Prior to AccelChip Hill held positions as product manager, technical marketing manager, technical marketing engineer and field applications engineer for various FPGA and ASIC synthesis tools. Hill began his career as a hardware and ASIC design engineer at Allen-Bradley and Lockheed. Hill holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering degree from Cleveland State University
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.