Introducing Microsemi's SmartFusion2 Starter Kit for SoC FPGAs
The SmartFusion2 starter kit supports industry-standard interfaces including Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C and UART and includes a comprehensive breadboard to support unique design requirements. The kit can be used with Microsemi’s Libero SoC v11.0 beta software, which includes a free Libero Gold license and comes preloaded with a uClinux demo. In this webinar, you will be presented with an overview of Microsemi’s new SmartFusion2 Starter Kit. SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs integrate an inherently reliable flash-based FPGA fabric with a 166 MHz ARM Cortex-M3 processors and advanced security processing accelerators, DSP blocks, SRAM, eNVM and industry required high-performance communications interfaces all on a single chip.
In this webinar you will learn:
- About the features and capabilities of the SmartFusion2 Starter Kit
- How to get running with a simple demo design
- Understand how to boot a uClinux kernel on SmartFusion2
The kit is USB powered, includes FlashPro4 programming and features the following user interfaces and capabilities:
- SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA in the FG896 package (M2S050T-FG896ES)
- 10/100 Ethernet interface and RJ-45 connector
- USB OTG interface and mini-USB connector
- USB based Wi-Fi Module
- 64MB LPDDR, 16MB SPI flash
- User push-button connected to GPIO on the SOM
- Two user-controlled LEDs connected to GPIO on the SOM
- Breadboard area available for GPIO or FPGA I/O connection
- Power good LED indicating presence of the +3.3 V SOM power
- Reset push button, Reset-out LED
- Depending on the design, can provide necessary power supply voltages (+5 V, +3.3 V, +1.5 V for power-optimized SOM operation) from external sources through dedicated pads on the breadboard.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.