HDMI 2.0 - testing challenges for the new 6G technology
The new version of the HDMI standard is paving the way for the market launch and smooth operation of ultra HD consumer electronics equipment such as TV sets, projectors and audio/video receivers that transmit video data at a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixel or 4096 x 2304 pixel at 50 Hz or 60 Hz, respectively. This webinar provides an introduction to the new technology. Additionally, and equally important, it will illustrate what can be tested for debugging and compliance test applications.
Attendees Will Learn:
- The enhancements in the new revision of the HDMI 2.0 technology
- The challenges for testing the new technology
- The compliance testing procedures in line with HDMI compliance test specification (CTS) 2.0
- Which debugging methods exist for debugging sink or source devices
- Basic understanding of HDMI or TMDS technology
- Basic understanding of digital video processing
Who Should Attend:
- Engineering and lab managers
- Research and principal engineers
- System-on-chip (SoC) designers
- Software and protocol development engineers
- Application and support engineers
Kurzbio von Harald Gsödl:
Harald Gsödl, product manager for broadcast T&M products at Rohde & Schwarz
Harald Gsödl is a product manager in the Broadcasting Division of Rohde & Schwarz in Munich. He is responsible for video/audio test solutions for the consumer electronics industry. Harald joined Rohde & Schwarz in October 2005. Until 2007, he worked as an application engineer and was responsible for developing software applications, writing white papers and providing other supporting material for Rohde & Schwarz instruments. At the beginning of 2008, he joined the Broadcast T&M Product Management team, first located in Singapore and then in Munich. Harald holds a degree in electrical engineering from the Deggendorf Institute of Technology and an MBA in international management from the European School of Business (ESB) in Reutlingen.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.