Getting Real about Virtualized Systems
The power of multicore processors and the flexibility offered by virtualization is changing the way embedded device developers design the next generation of devices. Being able to deliver innovative next generation devices using the latest processors architectures from ARM, Freescale, and Intel requires an integrated solution that combines run-time technologies with tooling for development, analysis, debug and test.
Developers that are exploring the adoption of multicore processors and virtualization are quickly discovering that software development with these advanced technologies requires a systematic approach. As with any development project, there are multiple dimensions to evaluate an approach; tolerance for risk, time-to-market, opportunity for growth and so forth.
The participants will be guided through a real-life scenario of a customer that has successfully made the jump to multicore through the use of Wind River’s integrated solution.
- Evaluating multicore configurations (AMP, SMP)
- Establishing of the configurations and prototyping
- Device driver development
- Performance and behavioral analysis
- Problem isolation and diagnosing in virtualized systems
What you will learn:
- Guidance on the approach and techniques required to successfully adopt virtualization in a device development project
- About using a JTAG connection and the Wind River On-Chip Debugging solution for visibility and control of a system running with the Wind River Hypervisor
- Troubleshooting techniques when running software on a virtualized platform
- An understanding of how these technologies apply to your systems and projects
Who Should Attend:
Developers and development managers that are concerned with developing and debugging more effectively on multicore processors.
Emeka Nwafor, Director of Product Management, Development Tools, Wind River
With 17 years of experience in software development tools, Emeka Nwafor is responsible for product planning, marketing, and management of Wind River Workbench and Wind River’s on-chip debugging products. Prior to joining Wind River, he held senior product management positions with IBM Rational Software.
Mark is a senior product manager with Wind River focusing on multicore and virtualization solutions. Prior to joining Wind River Mark has helped development teams build embedded systems across Asia, Europe and North America in automotive, telecom, consumer electronics and defense industries.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.