Functional Safety: How pre-certified products saved $2M and two years
Functional safety is a key requirement in industries where real-time performance goals and mission-critical reliability is imperative. Achieving certification to functional safety standards brings a new dimension of challenges. Pre-certified products are emerging as part of the solution to address safety challenges. This webinar will explore functional safety trends including an example of how QNX and MEN MikroElektronik GmbH are addressing the functional safety requirements for the railway transportation market.
Attendees will learn:
- Functional safety trends and standards such as IEC 61508
- The emergence of pre-certified products as part of the solution to address safety challenges
- Railway transportation trends and safety challenges
- An example of how to use pre-certified solutions to address safety certification challenges based on MEN & QNX solutions
Who should attend:
- Software developers
- software engineering managers
- project managers and others involved in safety certified projects and building connected embedded systems.
Yi Zheng is the product manager responsible for QNX Software Systems’ portfolio of safety and security products designed for the industrial, automotive, energy, and railway markets, and which are certified to standards such as IEC 61508, ISO 26262, and Common Criteria ISO/IEC 15408
Mathias Beer, Electrical Engineer, supported MEN MikroElektronik GmbH for several years in the fields of Project and Product Management in various railway projects, before he took over the function as Head of Product Management for 3 years. In the following he has served as Director Customer Relationship for 2 years. Since the beginning of 2015 Mathias Beer has been promoted as Director Global Technical Solutions and Director Global Marketing.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.