Faster, Safer Implementation of High-Reliability, High-Availability Designs using FPGAs
The need for high-reliability and high-availability electronic systems has expanded beyond traditional military and aerospace applications. Today communications infrastructure systems, medical and industrial applications, to name a few, need to ensure highly reliable operation and high availability in the face of radiation-induced errors that could result in a satellite failing to broadcast, a telecom router shutting down or an automobile failing to respond to a command, to name a few examples.
In this 1 hour webinar, technical experts from Synopsys will address some of the most significant elements of high-reliability design, including how to effectively implement safety-critical FPGA using logic synthesis. Topics covered will include:
- Achieving accurate design specifications
- Building in FPGA design reliability to mitigate the effects of radiation that may cause unwanted transients (SETs and SEUs). Techniques covered will include
- Safe FSM implementation
- Implementing redundancy and voting logic (TMR)
- Evaluating correct design operation quickly
- Debug and early proof of concept of a design using FPGA-based prototyping
- Tracing requirements from specification to implementation using techniques such as signal preservation or on-chip debug that relates design operation back to your RTL
- Achieving DO-254 compliant design & verification flows for mil/aero applications
If you are involved in communications, medical, military, aerospace or other high reliability designs, you won’t want to miss this informative webinar.
Angela Sutton, Staff Product Marketing Manager, FPGA Implementation
Angela Sutton brings over 20 years of experience in the field of semiconductor and semiconductor design tools to her role as staff product marketing manager for Synopsys, Inc. In this role, she is responsible for the FPGA Implementation product line.
Prior to joining Synopsys, Ms. Sutton worked as senior product marketing manager in charge of FPGA Implementation tools at Synplicity, Inc., which was acquired by Synopsys in May 2008. Ms. Sutton has also held various business development, marketing and engineering positions at Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Responsys, and LSI Logic. At LSI Logic she was responsible for marketing LSI LogicÃ‚Â’s line of digital video semiconductor products and platforms.
Ms. Sutton holds a BSc. in Applied Physics from Durham University UK, and a PhD. in Engineering from Aberdeen University UK.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.