Complementing Emulation with Rapid Prototyping
This webcast will discuss how the features and high-performance capabilities of FPGA-based rapid prototyping are used as a natural progression to complement emulation when shortening development time is critical to the overall success of ASIC and SoC projects. Independently, emulation allows for hardware debug and design bring-up while rapid prototyping delivers a high-performance platform supporting designs with high-speed interfaces such as USB 3.0, SATA, and PCIe. Together, these systems offer designers and verification engineers a highly powerful and productive solution for hardware debug, system integration, system validation and pre-silicon software development to reduce the risk of design re-spins, minimize schedule risk and meet demanding time-to-market needs.
Attendees will learn:
- benefits Rapid Prototyping adds to existing emulation installations
- improvements in ROI realized by using Rapid Prototyping in conjunction with Emulation
- new / additional capabilities enabled by Rapid Prototyping
- cost effectiveness of using Rapid Prototyping to support worldwide collaboration and software development efforts
- benefits of early software and hardware integration
Duration: 1 hour
Neil Songcuan is a Technical Marketing Manager with Synopsys and is responsible for the Confirma rapid prototyping platform. He has over 10 years of experience in the hardware-assisted verification industry, holding various marketing management positions with Synplicity, Mentor Graphics and IKOS Systems. Prior to this, Mr. Songcuan held customer marketing and application engineering roles with Altera Corporation. Mr. Songcuan holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from San Jose State University.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this webinar.