Reducing the Cost of Defense and Aerospace Application Development with Qt
Software developers in the defense industry necessarily consider a number of factors when selecting a tool set with which to construct applications for the defense industry. Chief among them are these five:
• Portability across processors and operating systems
• How much of the application the tool delivers directly off the shelf
• Richness, quality and number of the tool’s developer productivity assets
• Real-time performance of the executable (especially if embedded)
• How much the application looks and feels “at home” in the target OS
The importance of these criteria explains why developers in this industry have increasingly turned to Qt, especially when applications call for a rich and powerful human interface.
Qt helps developers enable, build and deploy such systems in far less time with far fewer compromises in performance and portability while lowering costs both in development and when deployed.
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this Whitepaper.