Advancing the Art of Parasitic Extraction
This paper looks at a platform integration which provides designers with a fast, highly accurate, and multi-purpose parasitic extraction tool that enables post-layout simulation across a wide range of designs and advanced process nodes. Topics covered include:
- Review of the types of parasitic effects and why they are important: resistance, capacitance and inductance
- Advantages of the new Calibre xACT suite in solving challenges at 16nm and beyond
- Scalable net-based parallel processing used in the table-based engine
- Integrated field solver to calculate parasitics around three-dimension finFET structures
- Advances including innovative geometries such as finFETS, and complex techniques like multi-patterning
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this Whitepaper.