High-Speed Switched Serial Fabrics Improve System Design, 8th Edition
This handbook reviews the development of high-speed gigabit serial fabrics as they address increasingly demanding applications for faster and faster data transfers.
The handbook reviews:
- Switched gigabit serial fabrics, such as VXS, VPX, OpenVPX, and XMC
- Types of switched serial links and protocols, such as PCI Express, Xilinx Aurora, and Serial RapidIO
- The role of FPGAs and FPGA IP cores in implementing gigabit serial interfaces
- The latest Pentek products available for OpenVPX, XMC/PMC, PCI Express, PCI, and compactPCI platforms
- Real-life applications examples with some of these products