Fundamentals of Microcontrollers
Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this course.
This course provides an introduction to microcontrollers (MCUs) including usage and selection of the devices. Content includes:
- Definition of a microcontroller.
- Comparisons with microprocessors and DSPs.
- Early history of microcontrollers.
- Description of the main hardware blocks.
- Explanation of trends in the industry.
- Listing of current microcontroller vendors.
- Basics of programming a microcontroller.
- Contents and usage of an evaluation kit.
- Issues to consider when selecting a microcontroller.
The course also includes a video explaining showing how to get started with an evaluation kit.