Building Rich, Animated Android User Interfaces (UIs): A Practical Solution for Software Engineers
This webinar presents practical solution for software engineers challenged to create the latest UIs and explores the use of the Inflexion UI platform in solving this UI problem.
Given the rise of Android across many products it is essential that device developers find creative ways to differentiate their devices in the market. Whether smart phones, tablets, in-vehicle infotainment or TV type products, creating cutting edge UIs is essential in this quest for device differentiation.
Unfortunately creating cutting edge UIs for Android (and Linux) is both difficult and time consuming and often results in fixed UIs which are hard to modify as markets change.
What You Will Learn
- Challenges facing software engineers implementing UIs
- Open GL/ES – the benefits it can bring, and how it can be used
- How tools can help solve the UI implementation problem
- How Inflexion UI Platform is used within Android
- How you would use Inflexion within your development workflow
Who Should Attend
- Software engineers and team leaders tasked with implementing UIs on Android
- Engineering Managers and others interested in reducing risk and decreasing time to market by using power UI implementation tools and engine
Phil Burr, Product Marketing Director, Inflexion
Phil Burr, Inflexion & Mobile Product Marketing Director for Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division, is responsible for Mentor’s graphical user interface product line and for setting strategy within the mobile space. Phil has over 17 years of experience in the embedded industry holding technology, business, and leadership roles. Prior to Mentor, Phil co-founded Octymo, a wireless start-up focused on a low-end mobile phone application platform. Prior to this, Phil held senior leadership roles at Motorola and TTPCom; based in Asia, he established and managed a customer facing team located in Singapore, Taiwan, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Seoul and Tokyo. Phil has also held account management, business development, product management, and software engineering roles primarily in the mobile phone sector. Phil holds a Masters Degree and a First Class Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics, Communications and Computer System Engineering from the University of Bradford, UK.