Challenges in testing multistandard radio base stations
The introduction of the latest mobile radio standards such as LTE on top of existing networks (e.g. WCDMA and GSM) is a challenge to operators in terms of costs for space, spectrum, power, and operation and maintenance. Multistandard radio base stations are being introduced to handle these challenges. This webinar provides an overview of new developments in the design of mobile radio base stations. It explains the new transmitter test requirements in accordance with 3GPP TS 37.141 and demonstrates how to efficiently troubleshoot multistandard base stations beyond these requirements using an advanced signal and spectrum analyzer from Rohde & Schwarz.
Attendees will learn:
- Test requirements for multistandard radio base station transmitters in accordance with 3GPP TS 37.141 and beyond
- Efficient analysis of multistandard radio signals and the interference between the different signals
- Basic understanding of mobile communications standards
- Basic knowledge of radio transmitter testing
Who should attend:
- Engineering and lab managers
- Research and principal engineers
- RF and transceiver design engineers
- Network and systems & test engineers
- Application and support engineers
Martin Schmähling, Product Manager, Test & Measurement Division, Rohde & Schwarz Munich
Martin Schmähling joined Rohde & Schwarz as product manager for spectrum analysis in 2012. Before that, he was with Nokia Siemens Networks for seven years, where he held various positions in sales and marketing of radio access products. Most recently, he was product marketing manager for WCDMA and LTE base stations. He graduated from Aachen Technical University (Germany) and holds a degree in physics.