Enea Linux with LWRT: Real "Real-time" Linux for Next Generation Networking and Communications Systems
Enea Linux v2.0 is a hardened, commercial grade Linux based on specially selected Yocto ProjectTM packages for communication and networking needs customized for each customer. Many complex networking and communications applications place high demands on latency and determinism that Linux even with its real-time extensions cannot meet. Enea Linux with LWRT, Light-Weight RunTime environment, is the solution that secures the required real-time performance and behavior for such applications.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers working in the telecom or networking space who are interested in a commercially supported Linux distribution customized for a) the telecom/networking market, b) their specific Linux package requirements, and c) their specific hardware platform
- Engineers and Managers working in the telecom or networking space who have Linux based applications that require more stringent real-time performance and behavior that their current Linux solution does not seem able to meet.
- How to get a customized Linux distribution and support plan based on your specific software and hardware requirements
- How the Enea Light-weight RunTime (LWRT) environment model works and what real-time performance advantages and robust features it provides
- LWRT performance metrics versus PTHREADS and Linux PREEMPT_RT real-time extensions
Michael Christofferson, Director of Product Management, Enea
Michael Christofferson has over 30 years experience in software development for deeply embedded systems and telecom networking systems. He spent the first 8 years of his career with Raytheon in Defense Communications, specifically with remote controlled signal and communications intelligence systems (SIGINT/COMINT). That was followed by 8 years in the Telecom/Datacom market working for such companies as GTE Telecom, Sprint, Data General Telecommunications, and Pulse Communications. For the past 14 years, Mr. Christofferson has moved into sales, marketing, and business development for leading industry RTOS, embedded development tools, and middleware providers. These have been Ready Systems, then Microtec, then Mentor Graphics, and now finally Enea for whom he has served since 1998. He is currently Director of Product Management at Enea. Mr. Christofferson received a B.S. in Physics from Bradley University in 1972, and an M.S. in Physics from the University of Michigan in 1974.