Video over LTE—Testing the next step in the end user experience
LTE is the next step in the user experience, enhancing more demanding applications such as video streaming, video conferencing, video chatting, advanced gaming and professional services. Ensuring high quality mobile video transmission is essential and needs to be verified throughout the development process for end user devices. This webinar will illustrate how to establish and test the LTE video transmission link. Additionally, and equally importantly, it will show how the quality of the video transmission links can be measured under real-life propagation conditions and which metrics can be used to accomplish this task.
Attendees will learn:
- How video is transported over the LTE air interface
- How to test the LTE air interface link to ensure high quality video transmission including real-life impact resulting from the mobile communications link
- The essential quality criteria for a video transmission and how they can be measured on mobile devices using the mobile high definition link (MHL) interface
- Basic understanding of mobile communications standards
- Basic knowledge of LTE 3GPP Release 8 principles
- Basic understanding of digital video processing
- Engineering and lab managers
- Research and principal engineers
- RF and transceiver design engineers
- Software and protocol development engineers
- Network and systems & test engineers
- Application and support engineers
Harald Gsoedl, Product Manager, Broadcast Test & Measurement Division, Rohde & Schwarz
Harald Gsoedl is product manager in the broadcasting division of Rohde & Schwarz in Munich. He is responsible for video/audio test solutions for the consumer electronics industry. Harald joined Rohde & Schwarz in October 2005. Until 2007, he worked as an application engineer in the broadcasting division. At the beginning of 2008, he joined the broadcast T&M product management team, first located in Singapore then in Munich. Harald holds a degree in electrical engineering from the University of Applied Sciences in Deggendorf, Germany.
Meik Kottkamp, Technology Manager, Test & Measurement Division, Rohde & Schwarz
Meik Kottkamp is Technology Manager within the Test & Measurement Division of Rohde & Schwarz in Munich. He is responsible for strategic marketing and product portfolio development regarding LTE, LTE-Advanced, HSPA+ and EDGE Evolution. Meik joined Rohde & Schwarz in August 2007. From 1996 - 2007, he worked with Siemens Mobile Communication Networks and Terminals. As standardization manager he was leading a group responsible for the Siemens standardization strategy in 3GPP TSG RAN. Later he was involved in predevelopment projects on broadband technologies Flash OFDM, WiMAX and HSPA+. After creation of NSN in early 2007 he joined LTE product management group. Meik holds a degree of Electrical Engineering from the University of Hannover / Germany.