Accelerate Industrial Applications Using Xilinx® Spartan™-6 FPGAs and National Instruments® Tools
Industrial applications continue to grow in complexity demanding higher performance from processor based computing platforms. Spartan-6 FPGA technology offers a solution to these performance demands when combined with the right IO elements, processing hardware, and development tools. This webinar will explore the challenges associated with developing today's most demanding industrial applications, and how the Xilinx Spartan-6 family provides a good balance of power, performance and cost to solve these challenges.
Learn about the partnership between Xilinx and National Instruments that has enabled the development of an integrated hardware platform combining the performance of both an FPGA and processor together with custom IO. Graphical system design delivers a seamless development environment for this platform that enables developers to focus on solving application problems, not hardware integration. Discover how domain experts across the world have leveraged this architecture to develop, verify and deploy their industrial application while reducing costs and time to market.Attendees Will Learn:
- How Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGAs provide the perfect performance, power and cost balance for industrial applications
- How FPGA technology can be combined with custom IO and a processor to create a high-performance platform capable of solving the most demanding industrial applications.
- How graphical system design can be used to overcome the challenges associated with combining diverse hardware elements such as processors and FPGAs and enable developers to focus on solving application problems to addressing emerging markets such as embedded vision.
- How domain experts have used this technology to rapidly develop, verify and deploy their applications, reducing costs and their time to market.
- FPGA designers that need to accelerate their design schedule using productive system tools and solutions
- Industrial Embedded designers that need more performance in their system
- Domain Experts looking for ways to accelerate their system without the learning curve typical of FPGA tools.
- Systems Engineers performing cost / power / performance trade-offs
- FPGA designers interested in higher level graphical design tools
Keith Nesrsta has been a part of the Xilinx family for nearly 11 years. Currently he is managing the Industrial, Scientific and Medical business for the Americas. Throughout Keith's Xilinx career he has worked in a number of different rolls including Field Applications Engineering, System IO Specialist and Technical Sales. Keith holds an Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineer from Texas A&M University.
Asa Kirby, CompactRIO Product Marketing Engineer, National Instruments
Asa joined the company in 2008 as an Applications Engineer in the Engineering Leadership Program where he supported NI CompactRIO customers throughout their application development process. Today, Asa is responsible for National Instruments' High-Performance CompactRIO and human-machine interface (HMI) products. Asa works closely with the R&D organization and customers in order to help guide product development, determine product strategy, and drive CompactRIO marketing initiatives. He earned his bachelor's degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Texas at Austin.