datasheets.com EBN.com EDN.com EETimes.com Embedded.com PlanetAnalog.com TechOnline.com
Events
UBM Tech
UBM Tech
Welcome Guest Log In | Register

Fundamentals of Energy Harvesting

Posted on: Mar 28, 2012 | Duration: 60 min.
Course | 2411 views
2 6
More Info +- Less Info

Energy harvesting is the process of converting energy from the environment into a usable power form for a device and then stored for later use.  In this Fundamentals of Electronics course, Steve Taranovich, Analog and Systems Editor with EDN, provides a comprehensive overview of Energy Harvesting, including these important areas:

• Energy Harvesting Sources
  • Transducers
  • Power Processing Interface
  • Electrical Energy Storage
  • Voltage Regulation
  • Computational Load
  • Maximizing Efficiency
  • Applications

View

Please disable any pop-up blockers for proper viewing of this course.

6 comments
write a comment

kinnar Posted Mar 30, 2012

This is a very good course for the electrical engineers for updating their exposure in the field of energy. Many streams have started making energy harvesting a compulsory course in the curriculum.

No Avatar

superrog Posted Apr 4, 2012

Hello, I was aware of most of the content of the course, but it is nice to see it brought in one course. This allows to compare the different technologies. Marc

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/poconoarmchairreview Posted Apr 4, 2012

Nice introduction. I like that part where he says, "Now pause the course, get up, and get your circulation moving again!" The presentation does tend to put you in a nice hypnotic state at times. I don't mean that the course is boring. No, it is very interesting. It's just very lulling. I think that if, at the end of the course, he told listeners to have a Pepsi, a lot of them would not be able to resist the suggestion. Hear that, advertisers?

steve.taranovich Posted Apr 6, 2012

Hi Rich, I do appreciate your feedback Rich. I know that I tend to be a bit too relaxing in my presentations, but I need the constructive criticism because these topics can get too "dry" sometimes and I want to make these tutorials informative as well as interesting. Thanks, Steve

prabhakar_deosthali Posted Apr 15, 2012

A very informative tutorial for a person looking at this topic for the first time and is also good for the person who has cursory information on the topic. It would be nice to include some real life implementations showing the energy requirements of a given circuit and how those requirements have been met by the applicable energy harvesting technique.

steve.taranovich Posted Apr 20, 2012

Hello Prabkhar, If I get to do a Part 2 then I definitely would add actual implementations and more design details. Thanks for the feedback

Please Login